CLUB MENTORING SCHEMEWhy is the club implementing this scheme?
The club has a vast amount of experienced coaches within its set up and it is felt this knowledge and experience could be used to provide guidance for coaches that would like some additional support. It is thought this would be especially useful for new coaches at Mini Soccer, or those that have been ‘thrown in the deep end’. Coaching is not easy, and this is purely there to support coaches, certainly not to judge coaches.
Who can become a Club Mentor?
The club is looking for its most committed and dedicated coaches to become its club mentors, and especially those that understand what the club is about and respects its values. For this reason, the club has suggested for its coaches to become a club mentor, the following must be in place:-
- Must have at least 75% attendance at meetings
- Must be a member of The FA Licence Coaches Club - This is FREE to sign up to, and you can become a member via this link http://facc.thefa.com/users/account/logon?returnurl=%2fnews
- Must have a minimum of a Level 2 Qualification
- Must have attended the FA Youth Award Module 1 and 2
- Must have attended the FA Mentoring Adults Course
- Must have been involved in the club for a minimum of 3 years.
The Club has identified 2 'Club Mentors' for season 2015/16, but will be looking for a further 2 more in seasons 2016/17 and 2017/18.
What will be the roles of the 'Club Mentor'?
This is a new programme in the club, so role will develop over time, but for the first season the club mentor role could include:-
Want some support from a 'Club Mentor'?
- Provide one-2 one support for coaches on a regular basis
- Deliver coaching sessions for coaches to give new idea's
- Support coaches on match days
- Communicate club values to new coaches
- Deliver mini age appropriate coaching clinics for a group of age specific coaches (i.e. Mini)
- Guidance around the challenges when moving through the different playing formats and age groups (7v7 to 9v9 etc)
- This list will be expanded over time
The club has its 2 mentors confirmed for season 2014/15, David dent and John Gregory. Please contact one of these coaches directly should you require some support or guidance.
David Dent Tel: 07921 086433 firstname.lastname@example.org
John Gregory Tel: 07970 929150 email@example.com
Ise Lodge Facebook Coaches Group Page
An Ise Lodge Facebook Coaches Group Page has been set up. It is private, only Ise Lodge Coaches allowed, and no one else can see it.
If you have Facebook, follow the link below and request to join the group. Shaun Waite is administrator and he will get you added.http://www.facebook.com/groups/320404051468915
Ideal for networking, but needs more support from the clubs coaches.